Nakhon Si Thammarat Bus Station is located to the West of Nakhon Si Thammarat City Centre, 2 km from the railway station and 3.8 km to the North West of Wat Phra Mahathat, which is the city’s most famous landmark. Nakhon Si Thammarat Bus Station is the arrival and departure point for all public intercity bus and minivan services operating to and from Nakhon Si Thammarat.
Bus and Minivan Services
Nakhon Si Thammarat’s main bus terminal is located on the Kao Daeng Road which is a side road off Route 4016 which runs West from Nakhon Si Thammarat before veering North to rejoin the main highway (Route 401) which follows the coastline until reaching Surat Thani city. Nakhon Si Thammarat Bus Station is a medium sized station with two octagonal buildings with distinctive octagonal roofs. There are no inside A/C areas to wait at this station. This is a basic functional station.
Local bus services, intercity bus services and minivan services all depart from this station making it the city’s main transport hub for public transport by road, although the station is inconveniently located some distance away from the city’s train station and 16.6 km from Nakhon Si Thammarat Airport.
Travel to the Bus Station
You can reach Nakhon Si Thammarat Bus Station from Nakhon Si Thammarat either by taking a motorbike taxi (expect to pay 50 THB from most parts of city) or by shared songthaew taxi. Some of the city songthaew, which are coloured light blue or white, travel the route to the bus station from the Ratchadamnoen Road, which is the main road running North to South through the city past the train station. If you can find the right shared taxi then the journey to the bus station will cost you only 10 THB. There are also meter taxis in Nakhon Si Thammarat which wait outside the train station and major attractions such as Wat Phra Mahathat.
There are currently no public transport services from Nakhon Si Thammarat Airport to Nakhon Si Thammarat Bus Station. There is however a taxi kiosk in the arrival hall at the airport. The fixed fare from the airport to the bus station and city centre location is 300 THB. Most passengers arriving at Nakhon Si Thammarat Airport use the bus services operated by Nok Air and Air Asia to travel onward to Donsak for ferries to Koh Phangan and Koh Samui or for travel down to Hat Yai.
Location of Nakhon Si Thammarat Bus Station
Nakhon Si Thammarat Bus Station is located on the Kao Daeng Road, Amphoe Mueang, Nakhon Si Thammarat Nakhon Si Thammarat 80000.
Facilities at the Bus Station
If you need to buy anything more than a drink or packet of crisps for your journey then you need to visit the shops in city centre. There are very few facilities at the bus station.
Facilities at Hat Yai bus station include:
- Toilets inside the bus station.
- A single shop selling drinks and snacks on the bus platforms.
- Some Thai food restaurants selling noodles and pre-cooked dishes to eat with rice are located on the far side if the car park outside the bus station.
- There is no left luggage service at this station, although there is one at the train station in the city.
Buy Tickets at the Bus Station
There are separate ticket counters for bus and minivan services located inside the bus terminal. Most of the signs are in the Thai language.
The best advice on locating the correct ticket counter for the service you want at Nakhon Si Thammarat Bus Station is to ask someone. This is not a particularly busy station and people are more than willing to point you in the right direction, although you should be clear on indicating whether you want to travel by minivan or by bus as there are often both options available, with the bus services often considerably lower than the minivan services.
Buy Tickets online
Use the Search Box below to buy bus tickets from Nakhon Si Thammarat to Bangkok and other destinations in the South of Thailand:
For destinations other than Bangkok enter a new destination into the Search Box by typing the first three letters and using the drop down list to select the place name for where you plan to travel.
Bus To Bangkok
There are three companies operating bus services from Nakhon Si Thammarat to Bangkok whose tickets you can book online.
- Timetable of Bus services from Nakhon Si Thammarat (N.S.T) to Bangkok:
|09:00||20:00||599 THB||Express||Nakhon Si Racha|
|17:00||05:10||699 THB||VIP||Sri Suthep Tour|
|17:00||05:10||932 THB||VIP24||Sri Suthep Tour|
|17:00||05:00||599 THB||Express||Nakhon Si|
|17:00||04:00||599 THB||Express||Nakhon Si Racha|
|17:30||06:55||699 THB||VIP||Nakhon Si Racha|
|17:50||05:50||599 THB||Express||Sri Suthep Tour|
|17:50||07:15||699 THB||VIP||Nakhon Si Racha|
|18:00||09:00||932 THB||VIP24||Nakhon Si|
|18:00||06:00||699 THB||VIP||Sri Suthep Tour|
|18:00||07:25||932 THB||VIP24||Nakhon Si|
|18:30||07:55||699 THB||VIP||Nakhon Si|
|18:30||07:55||932 THB||VIP24||Nakhon Si|
- Journey Time: The journey takes between 11 hours and 13 hours 25 minutes.
- Cost: Tickets cost from 599 THB to 932 THB.
- Tickets: Check for ticket availability for bus services from Nakhon Si Thammarat to Bangkok.
Minivan to Surat Thani (city)
There are regular minivan services from Nakhon Si Thammarat to Surat Thani city departing from Nakhon Si Thammarat Bus Station. No need to book, just turn up and buy a ticket for the next departure.
- Journey Time: The journey takes 2 hours.
- Cost: Tickets cost 120 THB.
- Timetable of Minivan services from Nakhon Si Thammarat to Surat Thani:
- Every 30 minutes from 06:00 to 18:00
Minivan to Khanom
Khanom is an underdeveloped beach resort town which Thai people visit, but few foreigners have discovered it yet. There are regular minivan services to Khanom town from Nakhon Si Thammarat. A short distance further up the coast is Donsak where you can take ferries to the islands of Koh Samui and Koh Phangan.
- Journey Time: The journey takes 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Cost: Tickets cost 80 THB.
- Timetable of Minivan services from Nakhon Si Thammarat to Khanom:
- Every 40 minutes from 06:00 to 18:00
Minivan to Donsak (ferry port)
There are two ferry ports in Donsak each serving a different : Seatran Ferry and Raja Ferry. There are near each other. For Koh Phangan you need to go to the Raja Ferry Port. Ferry services to Koh Samui depart from both the Seatran and Raja Ferry Ports.
- Journey Time: The journey takes 2 hours.
- Cost: Tickets cost 120 THB.
- Timetable of Minivan services from Nakhon Si Thammarat to Donsak:
- Every hour from 07:00 to 16:30
- Ferry Tickets: Check ferry ticket available from Donsak to Koh Phangan and Donsak to Koh Samui.
Bus to Phuket
There are frequent departures by bus from Nakhon Si Thammarat Bus Station to Phuket. These are modern vehicles with free WiFi and on board toilets. They arrive in Phuket at Phuket Bus Terminal (2) which is a few kilometres to the North of Phuket Town.
- Timetable of Bus services from Nakhon Si Thammarat to Phuket:
- Journey Time: The journey takes 5 hours.
- Cost: Ticket cost 345 THB per person.
- Tickets: Check ticket availability for bus services from Nakhon Si Thammarat to Phuket.
Bus to Hat Yai
Bus services from Nakhon Si Thammarat terminate at Hat Yai Bus Station which is 2.9 km away from Hat Yai train station in the centre Hat Yai city.
- Timetable of Bus Services from Nakhon Si Thammarat to Hat Yai:
- Journey Time: The journey takes 2 hours 30 minutes.
- Cost: Tickets cost 185 THB per person.
- Tickets: Check ticket availability for bus services from Nakhon Si Thammarat to Hat Yai.