Phrae Bus Station is the main long distance bus station serving Phrae town.
Phrae Bus Station has a variety of long distance bus services as well as minivan services to and from destinations in the north of Thailand such as Nan, Lampang and Uttaradit.
About Phrae Bus Station
Phrae Bus Station is a medium sized bus terminal with 19 bus platforms.
Phrae Bus Station is located to the north east of the part of Phrae town where most of the tourist attractions are located. Shared taxis operate from the bus station as well as a small number of private taxi operators. Depending on the time of day you arrive and the time of year you may, however, struggle to find a tuk tuk or taxi at Phrae Bus Station. For most people this is not a big problem as Phrae town is fairly small and most of the hotels and guesthouses are within 20 minutes walk of the bus station. If you have booked to stay somewhere a long way away from the bus station in Phrae consider contacting the hotel or guesthouse before you arrive and ask them to arrange for you to be picked up from bus station.
Location of Phrae Bus Station
Phrae Bus Station is located 1.7 km km by road from the Khum Chao Luang.
Facilities at Phrae Bus Terminal
There isn’t much in the way of facilities at Phrae Bus Station. There are, however, plenty of shops and restaurants a short walk away from the bus station in Phrae town.
Facilities at Phrae Bus Station include:
- Left luggage office: The office marked ‘Information’ will keep your luggage for fee of 10 THB.
- Toilets: Located at the other end of the waiting area from the main entrance.
- Shops: There is one shop selling snacks and drinks at the far end of the station by the toilets.
Buy Tickets at the Bus Station
The ticket offices at Phrae Bus Station are located inside the station by the main entrance.
Each different transport operator at Phrae Bus Station has it own ticket booth. The only ticket booth with information in English printed on the outside of the ticket booth is the Green Bus Company which operates services from Phrae to Chiang Mai. For other destinations we recommend that you first enquire at the Information booth to direct you to the correct ticket window.
Buy Tickets online
Use the Search Box below to buy travel tickets to and from Phrae.
Change the start and finish points in the Search Box to buy tickets for other routes.
Bus to Bangkok
There are four daily bus services from Phrae to Bangkok which you can book online.
- Timetable of Bus services from Phrae to Bangkok:
|19:30||04:30||421 THB||Express||Transport Co|
|20:30||04:30||463 THB||Express||Budsarakham Tour|
|21:00||05:00||560 THB||Express||Sombat Tour|
- Journey Time: The journey by bus is scheduled to take between 8 hours and 9 hours 5 minutes.
- Tickets: Buy tickets for bus services from Phrae to Bangkok.
Bus to Chiang Mai
There are five daily bus services from Phrae to Chiang Mai which you can book online.
- Timetable of Bus services from Phrae to Chiang Mai:
|06:00||10:10||226 THB||Express||Green Bus|
|08:00||12:00||371 THB||VIP||Green Bus|
|08:00||12:00||267 THB||Express||Green Bus|
|09:00||13:00||371 THB||VIP||Green Bus|
|09:00||13:00||267 THB||Express||Green Bus|
- Journey Time: The journey by bus is scheduled to take from 4 hours to 4 hours 10 minutes.
- Tickets: Buy tickets for bus services from Phrae to Chiang Mai.