By shared speed boat the journey from Koh Kradan to Railay is scheduled to take 3 hour 45 minutes.
Ferry Times from Koh Kradan to Railay
There is currently 1 shared speedboat service a day from Koh Kradan to Railay available to book online.
Buy Tickets from Koh Kradan to Railay
Use the Search Box below to buy your tickets from Koh Kradan to Railay.
Koh Kradan Ferry Pier
- Services from Koh Kradan to Railay depart from Koh Kradan Beach.
Railay Ferry Pier
- Services from Koh Kradan to Railay terminate at Floating Pier East Railay.
About Travel to Railay
Railay is a peninsula located in Krabi Province, located a short distance to the south east of the popular Ao Nang Beach. What makes Railay so special is the steep limestone hill that cut the peninsula off from the rest of the mainland. You can walk from Ao Nang to Railay via the Monkey Trail but there are no roads connecting Railay and Ao Nang.
Where to Stay in Railay
Railay has four beaches, each with a village behind:
- Railay East Beach
- Railay West Beach
- Phra Nang Beach
- Tonsai Beach
The most popular beach is Railay West Beach. It’s the longest of the beaches and the place where longtail boats to and from Ao Nang arrive and depart. Railay East Beach is a less expensive place to stay, with more shops, but the beach itself is not good for swimming. Phra Nang Beach, to the south of Railay West Beach is considered by many to be the best of the four beaches. Tonsai Beach is the least busy beach, and the most difficult to reach from the rest of Railay.
Things to do in Railay
Railay is a good place to go if you are interested in participating in activities whilst you are in Thailand. These activities include:
- Climbing: There are lots of climbing routes and lots of climbing schools catering to people of all experiences from novices to experienced climbers. Free climbing on sea cliffs is also possible in Railay.
- Yoga: There are lots of beach yoga sessions, and even yoga classes conducted on the sea on stand up paddle boards, in Railay. Check locally as the instructors and schedules change frequently.
- Muay Thai: There are two Muay Thai training camps in Railay, Yaya Muay Thai Boxing and Railay Training Muay Thai, both located in Railay East Beach.
- Scuba Diving: You can go diving from Railay. The main operator is Railay Dive Center whose sales office you will find on Railay Walking Street.