By shared speed boat service it takes from 15 to 50 minutes to travel from Koh Yao Yai to Phuket, and from Phuket you can then travel by bus or plane to destinations across South East Asia.
Ferry Times from Koh Yao Yai to Phuket
There are currently 7 shared speed boat services a day from Koh Yao Yai to Phuket available to book online.
|Koh Yao Yai||Phuket||Ticket||Company|
|06:30||07:00||400 THB||Koh Yao Sun Smile|
|10:30||11:00||400 THB||Koh Yao Sun Smile|
|11:30||12:20||400 THB||Green Planet|
|13:00||13:30||400 THB||Koh Yao Sun Smile|
|15:00||15:30||400 THB||Koh Yao Sun Smile|
|16:45||17:00||390 THB||Tigerline Travel|
|17:00||17:30||350 THB||Green Beach Travel|
- All operators use large shared speedboats with an onboard toilet on this route.
Buy Tickets from Koh Yao Yai to Phuket
Use the Search Box below to buy your tickets from Koh Yao Yai to Phuket.
Passengers are required to pay an additional 10 THB on arrival at Bang Rong Pier which is a fee the pier operator charges to passengers.
Koh Yao Yai Ferry Pier
- Koh Yao Sun Smile services from Koh Yao Yai to Phuket depart from Chong Lard Pier.
Phuket Ferry Pier
- Koh Yao Sun Smile services from Koh Yao Yai to Phuket terminate at Bang Rong Pier.
About Travel to Phuket
Bang Rong Pier, which is the main pier for services between Phuket and the islands of Koh Yao Noi and Koh Yao Yai, is located on the north east side of Phuket some distance from popular tourist areas such as Patong and the island’s airport.
Taxi Fares in Phuket
Taxis prices on Phuket are amongst the highest in Thailand and need to be negotiated before you enter into a taxi. Expect to pay 600 THB for the journey from Bang Rong Pier to Phuket International Airport and 1,000 THB for the journey from Bang Rong Pier to Phuket Town, and a similar amount to travel to beach resort destinations such as Patong and Kamala.
Shared Taxi service at Bang Rong Pier
A much cheaper option is to wait around for the ‘Blue Bus’ which is a songthaew, which means ‘two rows’ in Thai referring to the two rows of seats in the back of converted pick up truck. The Blue Bus runs on the route from Bang Rong Pier to Phuket Town for 50 THB per person. From Phuket Town you can take inexpensive minivan and shared taxis services to popular beach resort destinations on the Western side of the island.
Travel Hubs in Phuket
The three main travel hubs in Phuket are:
- Phuket Bus Terminal 2: Phuket Bus Terminal 2 is the island’s long distance bus terminal. Located near Phuket Town, long distance bus services to Bangkok, Hat Yai, Surat Thani and even Chiang Mai, depart from Phuket Bus Terminal 2.
- Phuket International Airport: Location in the north of the island, from this airport you can take scheduled flights to destinations across Thailand, as well as international flights to destinations across Asia.
- Rassada Pier: Rassada Pier, located to the South of Phuket Town, is the busiest ferry terminal on the island. There are frequent scheduled ferry and speedboat services from Rassada Pier to popular destinations such as Koh Phi Phi, Krabi, Koh Lanta and Koh Lipe.