By shared speedboat the journey from Koh Yao Yai to Railay is scheduled to take from 1 hour 00 minutes to 1 hour 20 minutes. Travel by speedboat is the fastest way from travel from Koh Yao Yai to Railay.
Ferry Times from Koh Yao Yai to Railay
There are currently 3 direct services a day from Koh Yao Yai to Railay available to book online.
|Koh Yao Yai||Railay||Cost||Company|
|09:00||10:00||800 THB||Koh Yao Sun Smile|
|11:00||12:00||800 THB||Koh Yao Sun Smile|
|15:40||17:00||650 THB||Green Planet|
- Both Koh Yao Sun Smile and Green Planet use large shared speedboats on this route, although Green Planet also uses a local boat service for part of the journey to Railay.
Buy Tickets from Koh Yao Yai to Railay
Use the Search Box below to buy your tickets from Koh Yao Yai to Railay.
Koh Yao Yai Ferry Pier
Speedboat services from Koh Yao Yai to Railay depart from Chong Lard Pier in the north of Koh Yao Yai. Koh Yao Sun Smile services commence with a hotel pick up.
Railay Ferry Pier
Services from Koh Yao Yai to Railay terminate at Floating Pier East Railay.
About Travel to Railay
Railay is a penninsula just to the east of the popular Ao Nang Beach in Krabi Province.
Travel to and from Railay
The land around Railay is dense jungle and steep sided hills so driving a car there isn’t possible. You can walk to Railay from Ao Nang along the Monkey Trail, but most holiday makers choose to arrive by boat in Railay instead. The closest places to board a boat to Railay are Ao Nang Beach and a small pier called Ao Nammao Pier, located 24.2 km by road south west from Krabi Airport.
For onward travel in mainland in Thailand from Railay the easiest option is take a boat to Ao Nang and then to board a shared taxi to Krabi Town to either board a bus or go to the airport to take a flight.
Where to Stay in Railay
Railay has four main beaches, and most of the accommodation, restaurants and shops is located in clusters around these four beaches:
- Railay East Beach is the location of the main ferry pier and the area which is most built up. The cheapest accommodation can generally be found at Railay East Beach, however, the beach itself isn’t good for swimming.
- Railay West Beach is the main beach. It’s good for swimming and sunbathing and the island’s best accommodation to be found on the edge of this beach.
- Phra Nang Beach is perhaps Railay’s most beautiful beach, with a cave to visit. The village here is smaller than the ones at Railay East and Railay West Beaches.
- Tonsai Beach is difficult to walk to and receives fewer visitors. Tonsai Beach is the most popular beach for climbers to stay and has more basic facilities. The atmosphere on Tonsai beach is more similar to the way Railay was before mass tourism.