There are two ways to get from Mae Sot to Bangkok:
- Option 1: Fly from Mae Sot to Bangkok.
- Option 2: Take a bus from Mae Sot to Bangkok.
Flights from Mae Sot to Bangkok
Nok Air currently operates flights on the Mae Sot to Bangkok route.
- Flight times from Mae Sot to Bangkok:
|Mae Sot - Don Mueang Airport ฿ 2,350–2,750 1h 10m|
- Mae Sot Airport: Mae Sot Airport is 6 km by road from the border with Myanmar.
- Bangkok Airport: Flights from Mae Sot land at Don Mueang Airport.
Bus Times from Mae Sot to Bangkok
There are three direct bus services a day from Mae Sot to Bangkok which you can book online.
|19:00||03:30||Express||558 THB||Phet Prasert|
|19:30||04:00||Express||558 THB||Phet Prasert|
|20:30||05:00||Express||558 THB||Phet Prasert|
- Journey Time: 8 hours 30 minutes
- Departure Point: Mae Sot Bus Station
- Arrival Point: Ram Inthra Road in Bangkok
Buy Tickets from Mae Sot to Bangkok
Use the Search Box below to buy bus tickets and book flights from Mae Sot to Bangkok:
Location of Mae Sot Airport
- Address: 12 498 Moo 1, Ae Chia Road, Tambon Tha Sai Luat, Amphoe Mae Sot, Chang Wat Tak 63110.
Location of Mae Sot Bus Station
- Address: Tha Sai Luat, Mae Sot District, Tak 63110.
Location of Don Mueang Airport in Bangkok
- Address: 222 Vibhavadi Rangsit Rd, Khwaeng Sanambin, Khet Don Mueang, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10210.
Location of Bangkok Phet Prasert Bus Stop
- Address: 60/8 Moo 4, Ram Inthra Road, Anusawari, Bang Khen, Bangkok 10220.
Travel Overland from Yangon to Bangkok
The easiest way to travel overland from Yangon to Bangkok, and the cheapest, is to first travel to Myawaddy in Kayin in Eastern Myanmar and cross over the nearby Thai-Myanmar Friendship into Thailand. There is no direct rail link between Yangon and Myawaddy, although you can take a train from Yangon to Mawlamyine and continue from there to Myawaddy by road. The easier and quicker option is, however, to take a direct bus from Yangon to Myawaddy which takes around 9 hours.
The first town you come to in Thailand after crossing over the Thai-Myanmar Friendship Bridge near Myawaddy is Mae Sot. Mae Sot is not currently connected to the Thai railway network. If you do want to travel by train to Bangkok after crossing over the border then the closest major train station to Mae Sot is in Phitsanulok, 233 km to the east by road. Travelling by bus direct from Mae Sot to Bangkok is a much quicker and easy option is you don’t want to fly.